Monday, March 26, 2007

bald eagles spotted in calgary...

i arrived at the carriage house inn of calgary last night around 2 AM. the plan for this morning was to meet my client-counterpart at 7:15 AM in the hotel restaurant before heading to the local client location. after rolling out of bed at 7:10 AM and rushing to get downstairs while leaving the "just-got-out-of-bed-look" behind, i quickly sauntered down to the cafe area. as i came down the hall, i saw my client-counterpart sitting at a table straight ahead. big smile, big wave...and the dude just stared at me. i quickly started to question the assurance i had so excitedly expressed in my wave as i kept walking, nearing the gentleman. as i was about 20 ft. away, the hallway opened up, so i had a clear view of the full dining area, including the client i was intended to meet...on my left...not in front of me. same friar tuck balding pattern, though. ...how awkward do you think the guy in front of me felt as i turned my head, saw the other balding guy in the room and made a not-so-subtle beeline straight for his table?!? you know his feelings transitioned from, "why the hell is this chick waving at me??" to "oh, hell no, that didn't just happen!!" when i realized the situation i just created, it was so incredibly awkward and hilarious at the same time!

No comments: