Wednesday, April 18, 2007

At long last, the day has come!


So today I was running some errands that brought me over by Via Estudillo and Via Coronel. As I began my ascent up the hill, I rounded a curve, and there in the middle of the street was this HUGE German Shepherd. I slowed the car down hoping that he would let me pass, but instead, he bound over to the car window and after I rolled it down he started licking me. I am such a sucker. Anyway, with my many years of lost dog experience, I had the feeling that the dog wasn't far from his home. I grabbed his collar and tried to look for an address, but only saw two phone numbers on the tags and no dog name. I made the dog get in the car and he was surprisingly sweet and obedient. He was licking me all the way.

I called both the numbers and got no answer, so I just left messages. I hung around the nabe for a few minutes, but after a while grew restless and decided to take him home and put him out back with Mr. H. Little did I know that this would be the day when Mr. H would finally become a MAN. Without going in to detail, because I'd like to keep this at least a PG-13 rated blog, let's just say that Mr. H was all over him! And the shepherd totally surrendered, rolled over on his back and in other words--and this with a dog that was at least 130-150% his size--was in full-on complete submission mode. It only took him 10 years, but finally Mr. H has accepted his XY chromosomes!

1 comment:

TT said...

I knew he had it in him!