Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Struggles at the gym

So if you didn't know last week the doctor gave me permission to do whatever I want. This week we decided to start going to the gym. Monday was great I ran on the eliptical for 50 min and I was alright. Tonight, however, I tried a different eliptical machine than mondays. I was all excited cause I had my nike watch and heart rate monitor; I was set. So I jump on the eliptical and it says my target heart rate should be 158 and don't you worry my heart rate on the easiest setting, no incline, no resistance was at 180.... so I got off and walked on a treadmill... yes that is right walked and was able to keep my heart rate at 158. Just shows how out of shape I am. Walking for me is considered a hardcore cardio workout.

2 comments:

HOO said...

50 min on the eliptical? That's impressive...I don't think I could last that long. Glad to see you're up and at 'em.

EndlessLoveInTheDark said...

girlfriend, when i go and workout my average heart rate is about 176...so i'm not too far off from you. i know what you mean, though...keeping it in the recommended range just doesn't feel like you're on your way to peak olympic performance.

i'm so proud of you for getting on the elliptical. prone to dizziness + elliptical trainer for 50 min. = superstar of the week